Criminal Defense Attorney
Have You Been Charged with a Crime?
A DUI, domestic violence, felony or misdemeanor… the potential consequences are the same. You may be facing jail time, probation, thousands of dollars in fines and loss of your job, your license and your reputation. If this has you worried, call our criminal defense attorney today to get the help you’ll need navigating Vancouver & Clark County’s complex criminal justice system. If you have been wrongfully charged with a crime, we can help you prepare a strong defense and fight for your liberty.
Why Do I Need A Criminal Defense Attorney?
Even if you don’t think you want to go to trial, you should consult with a criminal defense attorney. Maybe you’ve said to yourself, “I know I did it; I should just plead guilty and not waste everyone’s time.” While this might seem like you are taking responsibility, you may be making an irresponsible and rash decision. Judges have wide discretion when sentencing. Without having a criminal defense attorney to carefully negotiate on your behalf, you could be taking on jail when you didn’t have to. You could be pleading to more serious charges than you needed to. Worst of all, you might be wrong in your belief that your are guilty. The law can be complicated and an experienced criminal defense attorney might show you that your case is actually defensible. Even if you are guilty, hiring a criminal defense lawyer can insure that you understand all potential consequences. It can guarantee that you are sentenced fairly. And it can make sure you don’t plead to more serious charges than absolutely necessary. At VanWa Legal PLLC, we can help negotiate reduced charges, less jail time, lower fines, less restrictive probation and more. Because you likely don’t know how the system works, handling things on your own leaves your fate to chance.
Why Hire Roger Priest?
Roger Priest is a former prosecutor, former public defender and long-tenured private criminal defense attorney in Vancouver WA. Roger Priest has handled thousands of cases and nearly one hundred jury trials. Do you want the best help in the courtroom? Then you need the help of someone who lives in the courtroom. Whether you’re facing a felony or misdemeanor, we can help. We handle DUI charges, domestic violence charges, drug charges, assault, burglary, robbery, weapon charges, traffic crimes, serious felonies and more.
How Will You Afford Good Representation?
Call VanWa Legal PLLC today to schedule a a free consultation with an experienced criminal defense lawyer. We are located in downtown Vancouver WA and near the Clark County courthouse. We can help throughout Southwest Washington. Is money an issue? We also offer flexible flat-fee payment plans and will work with you to be able to afford quality representation. Give us the chance to earn your trust and business.
Personal Injury Lawyer
Do You Have A Personal Injury Claim?
Has someone injured you? Then you owe it to yourself to consider whether they have insurance that will cover your personal injury claim. Isn’t that why insurance exists? Unfortunately, insurance companies want to pay out as little on insurance claims as they can. They will often try to get you to settle your claim quickly and without help for a low sum. They also employ a team of lawyers to help them fight paying more than they need to if the case goes to court. This is where a Vancouver WA personal injury lawyer like Roger Priest can help!
How Much Is My Personal Injury Claim Worth?
If you have a personal injury claim, you may need compensation for your medical costs, future medical needs, property damage, lost wages, pain and suffering or more. Every personal injury case is different, so it takes an experienced personal injury lawyer to help determine the value of your case. At Van Wa Legal PLLC, we can help you gather evidence, guide your treatment, and build a winning claim that will maximize your potential recovery.
So where should you start? Above all, you should follow four simple rules to protect your claim.
- First, seek medical treatment right away. It may seem obvious, but if you don’t even go to the doctor or follow through with treatment, the insurance company will devalue your claim. Don’t “tough it out” if you’re in pain. It could worsen your condition and leave you paying for the bills.
- Secondly, you should collect as much evidence early as is available. Evidence can go missing and memories can fade. In the end, the evidence is the strength of your case. The longer you wait to gather it, the less quality evidence that may still be around.
- Third, you should be patient. Don’t rush to settle your case before you’ve healed. Maybe you want to pay some bills or are thinking of what else you could buy with the money. This can be a dangerous way of thinking if you’re still recovering. What if your recovery takes longer than anticipated? What if you don’t fully recovery? You only get one chance to settle your claim. Don’t rush in and undervalue your injuries.
- Finally, you should call for the help of an experienced personal injury lawyer. If you’ve followed the above steps, then the tough question is “how much is your case worth?” How do you calculate all of your past and future medical needs, lost wages, lost earning capacity, property damage, and pain and suffering damages? What was it all worth in cold hard cash?The answer to this question can vary depending on who you ask. It is easy to shortchange yourself. You can settle your claim on your own, but you may always wonder whether you sought enough. Calling a personal injury lawyer to help you can take out the guesswork.
How can I afford a personal injury lawyer in Washington state?
For starters, we offer a free consultation on every personal injury case.
We also don’t earn our fee unless we can recover compensation for you. That way you only have to pay us out of your final recovery. We are conveniently located in downtown Vancouver WA, but we take cases across the state of Washington. Are you too injured to travel? No problem. We will come see you. We are here to serve you and will do whatever it takes to earn your trust and business. As your personal injury lawyer, we want to serve you.
Located in Downtown Vancouver, Washington
Effective Criminal Defense In Clark County
On criminal cases, we serve Clark County (including the municipal courts of Vancouver, Camas, Washougal, Battle Ground, Ridgefield, and Woodland). Plus we also take criminal cases as far away as the Southwest Washington counties of Cowlitz, Skamania, Lewis, Klickitat, Wahklakum, Pacific, or Thurston counties.
Personal Injury Attorneys For Vancouver & Washington state
On personal injury cases, we are willing to travel anywhere in Washington State for the right case. If you have a personal injury case, do not hesitate to call us to discuss. You might be surprised how far we’ll go to serve you.
Free Consultation Available
Fill out this form and we’ll call within 24 hours to discuss your case. It’s that simple!
Read Our In-Depth Law Articles
Submit your review
VanWa Legal PLLC
211 E McLoughlin Blvd, Vancouver, WA 98663
Phone: (360) 326-1489
Mon-Fri, 8am to 5pm
- Defending Yourself After a Second DUI Charge
- Collateral Damage from False Accusations of Domestic Abuse
- The Perils of Violating a Protective or Restraining Order
- Consequences of Poor Representation of Your DUI Case
- Have You Prepared Your Estate For When You Die And What Should You Consider Making Sure You Have Done Sooner Rather Than Later?
This website is not designed to be particularized legal advice for any individual case. Any information contained herein is for generally informative purposes and cannot substitute for the assistance of an actual attorney. Simply reading this website does not create any attorney-client relationship between the reader and Roger Priest or VanWa Legal PLLC. Rather, if you wish to have the assistance of an attorney with your particular case, call to schedule a free consultation with Roger Priest.